About Me

My photo
I work in PR on a wide range of brands and campaigns. One of the fascinating aspects of my job is becoming a five minute expert in the most diverse things from heart health, nutrition and fitness to salads and sailing! I wanted to start a blog so that I can talk about the interesting things I learn!

Tuesday, 10 June 2008

City Life

I have been out in the city this morning handing out flyers for the Real Man Cycling Challenge. We were very friendly and smiled lots but were met with a sea of miserable faces. It was such a beautiful day we had hoped that it would lift people's spirits. Sadly, people were in too much of a hurry to get into work to stop and take a leaflet. But I guess that as a commuter you are constantly having papers and leaflets thrust into your face as you struggle through the horror that is a rush hour.

It made me really appreciate the fact that I am luck enough to work south of the river - which means no commute. As the temperatures begin to rise, the tubes turn into furnaces. Overfilled carriages and long delays means total misery for those who have to fight their way to and from work each day.

So I will spare a thought for all of those crammed into a hot tube carriage tonight on their way home.

No comments: