At last - music to my ears - cocktails are good for you! Or so The Telegraph told me today. I was overjoyed to read that cocktails can have health benefits (if you ignore the fact that they are laced with alcohol). The fresh fruit or fruit juice seems to be what is good for you. I love fruit cocktails especially ones with fresh strawberries but I think knocking back 6 or 7 in an evening can't be that good for you!!
Today's Telegraph includes a recipe for a Rebujito which sounds divine but more importantly because the sherry is dry you drink it slowly and it is low in alcohol. I find that the danger with cocktails is that they taste so good and you often can't taste the alocohol so you drink them too quickly. I will definitely be trying out their recipe at the weekend and will let you know the verdict.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/main.jhtml?xml=/health/2008/06/09/hcocktails109.xml
About Me
- The Five Minute Expert
- I work in PR on a wide range of brands and campaigns. One of the fascinating aspects of my job is becoming a five minute expert in the most diverse things from heart health, nutrition and fitness to salads and sailing! I wanted to start a blog so that I can talk about the interesting things I learn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment