I am currently working on a campaign to promote the fact that Pea Shoots are now in season in the UK. I have had so much fun working on this and learning all about how they grow, why chefs love them and the best ways to eat them. I have however, received much ridicule from my friends when I start telling them very passionately that they should all be eating Pea Shoots this summer. But those who have tried them are total converts and no longer laugh at me but ask when they can get some more! Take a look at what I have been doing - http://www.peashoots.com/There are some wonderful recipes on our site however, I would love to hear how other people eat theirs. I personally like mine on their own with some olive oil, black pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon.

2 comments:
I love pea shoots too... I made a warm summer vegetable salad with pea shoots and it was delicious.
Steamed asparagus, broad beans, french beans, broccoli all mixed together with pea shoots and a little vinagrette (200ml of ground nut oil, 200ml of extra virgin olive oil and 3 tablespoons of white wine vinegar - blended with a food whisk and a little salt & pepper)
Yum!
Pea Shoots are fabulous!!
I love Penne pasta with roasted corgette, garlic, sundried tomatoes, and pea shoots. Tossed together with olive oil, rock salt and black pepper to taste. This is so simple and delicious x
Post a Comment